Hi everyone! this is the blog I was telling you about on how we end up wasting money without even realizing it.
1) the number ONE way I have found people wast money is by being DISORGANIZED!! I myself am guilty of this half to 2/3 of the time. You end up buying stuff you already have because you can’t find what you already own when you need it. I mean how many hammers do you need? or pliers or whatever? really?
2) Beauty stuff! I know I know we women like to keep our looks up but guess what? those expensive salon pampering things you pay a TON of money for??? You can do almost every single one of them at home for less than HALF what your spending if not more. Google or use whatever search engine you have available to look up cheaper alternatives or go to the beauty supply store and buy what you need there. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
3) Stocking your freezer in the summer. This is a HUGE one for me and it also saves a TON of money. Go to your local farmers market and buy fresh produce or a pick your own place. Learn to process stuff for freezing and then in the middle of winter you will have the same quality healthy veggies you would pay a LOT more for a LOT less. You will also be able to avoid all the salts and process junk that goes into cans!
4)HAVING to have brand name products. Seriously this is one of my issues. Yes brand name is nice BUT a lot of off brand items work just as well too. there are few things you CAN stick to your brand names on but for the most part the generic is JUST as good!
5) Refusing to buy Used. This is one that gets me every day I work. I see SO MANY people who HAVE to go to the specific store and buy THAT brand new shiny item… PLEASE… I went to the Salvation Army and got a Micheal Kohrs sweater for less than 3.00 that would normally retail for MUCH higher. Buying used doesn’t mean your poor or that its going to look like hell, look for your size and run a careful eye over the item before buying. This also goes with cars.. there is NOTHING wrong with buying a used car or purse or piece of jewelry as long as it is all in good repair/condition and NOT overpriced.
6) NOT paying attention to your receipts. This is a BIG one. If you keep all of your receipts for a week then divide them into categories or by store and then see where your money is actually going. Al lot of people are shocked to see how much their actually spending on things that ARE kind of frivolous… You DON’T need to eat fast food every day OR to stop for that coffee. make it at home and take it with you!!
These are just a few of the things I have found how people waste money I am learning to cut back my spending to the least amount possible. I have started by not drinking when I go out. If I want to drink then I can go and buy a bottle of wine or whatever and drink at home. I save myself the chance of an arrest AND I save myself a LOT of dollars as mixed drinks and beers at a bar add up quickly. It’s VERY easy to spend 40.00 in one night for one person on a few drinks. SO I switched out to sodas and honestly I still have a great time and occasionally I will indulge in a beer or two and I ALWAYS have a total bill for a night when I DO drink under 10.00. I am also looking at cooking at home a LOT more and even to using the grill with a lot of the wood we have on our property to cook with instead of the stove. Why use the electricity and heat up my home in the summer making the AC run a lot more?